Mama's Loves

Mama's Loves

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter 2011

Totally forgot I wanted to write a little blurb about our Easter.  First off, mom stayed up until midnight Friday night shopping for and putting together Easter baskets for all three girls.  Secondly, mom stayed up until 1am on Saturday night finishing up stuffing Easter eggs and going to icaughttheeasterbunny.com to get just the right photo of the Easter Bunny "delivering" the girls' Easter baskets.  It was exhausting!!  I had the best intentions of going to the early sunrise service, but all that went out the window with my 1am bedtime!  So, Easter morning arrives and what does mom decide to do?  Sneak outside and hide all the Easter stuff so Laynie would think the Easter Bunny did it!  I even walked the length of the house on the side without shoes to make this happen.  One day, I'm going to tell her in my best "old person" voice...."I walked one mile without shoes in the cold and through thorns to deliver your Easter eggs to you."  I loved seeing the look on her face though when we opened the door to the backyard and saw all the treats that were hidden for her and Frankie.  Totally worth it!

Frankie got distracted by some squishy colored balls I bought and hid, so she didn't want to look for any eggs.  Laynie's basket was so full of stuff she could barely carry it, but she kept on going.  What a trooper!  LOL.  A later egg hunt proved successful when mom hid the aforementioned balls INSIDE the Easter eggs...go figure.

Dad and I actually got a little time to ourselves too!  I agreed to go for a ride on Dad's motorcycle.  We went to Town Square and sat and had ceviche and beers at a little Mexican restaurant there.  I was scared to be on the back of the bike, and boy did my thighs get sore from squeezing them so tight to hold on while we cruised down the 215, but it was so nice to feel like ME again.  I love being a mom more than anything, but even a little break from it now and then to remind Jessica who Jessica is, is certainly nice.  Bonus that me and dad had a mini-date.

For dessert, I made an awesome rainbow cake.  It was time consuming, but so worth it!

Great, great day!  Next year, Gabi will be joining the egg hunt!!

XOXO







No comments:

Post a Comment