Mama's Loves

Mama's Loves

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A great Sunday!

So after getting off to a rough start...we had a wonderful family day together. 

First, the bad:
Laynie is having problems listening, especially to her Nana.  It's terrible, but Nana is the only one who is ALWAYS ready to play with her, and even ALWAYS ready to comfort her when she gets in trouble with me or her dad, but Nana is the one she listens least to.  Nana can ask her to do something multiple times, but she acts as though she doesn't even hear Nana talking!  She does the same to me sometimes too, but I will yell out what I'm saying in a loud enough voice so as to command her attention.  Nana just says something and then lets it go if Laynie doesn't listen.  Well, this weekend Daddy was home and he got wind of what was happening, and saw firsthand how Laynie is treating her Nana....and let's just say he was NOT happy!  We have been trying to plan a trip to Disneyland for awhile now, and today kind of told her we weren't going to be able to go if she doesn't stop treating Nana bad and start listening to us grown-ups more.  I thought the issue ended there, but when we got home from church, she started the same thing up again!  Nana asked her to get down from the couch because she was almost falling on Gabi, but she again acted like she didn't even hear anyone talking to her.  I had this big grandiose plan of planting flowers today, but even had to use THAT as a punishment and postpone it until another day since she continued with the same behavior.  I felt so bad, and thought surely the day had been soured.......but then......

Daddy decided to lift her spirits by taking her on a ride on his motorcycle.  My McGyver rigged up two belts as a sort of seat-belt to keep her on the bike and instructed her how to hold on and away they went around the block.  She loved it, and it was great to see her so carefree and laughing with her dad.  He got going pretty well and was even leaning into the turns as they wound around the block 3 or 4 times, and so was she that little lady of mine!  Then when the babies got up from their naps, we headed to Town Square to enjoy the sunshine and have fun together.  Daddy and I took turns chasing Frankie and Laynie around while the other stayed with Gab, who was just so happy to be out.  I am proud to report that daddy and I made it through our first sit-down dinner at a nice restaurant (Claim Jumper) with three kids.  It was a little crazy, but Laynie is getting so easy, Gabi is still a dream, and Frankie stayed relatively calm with some help from Mozzarella Sticks and mama's phone.  Hey.....we do what we can to get through a meal like that!  LOL.
Finally, it was off to Baskin Robbins for an evening treat.  It felt so great to be out like that, and I told Daddy that I felt a sense of accomplishment that we did it all without meltdowns!  Sure wish Nana could have joined us, but she was out shopping when we left and enjoyed her "me" time! 

Daddy and I made a great team together today.  We made some agreements between us that can only make us be better parents and better to each other.  Thanks for that, daddy! 

I love my family.

Other stuff I want to remember about today:

-Laynie is so cuddly to me.  We went to church together and she spent the whole time wrapped around my arm (when we were sitting) and leg (when we were standing) and kissing my hands and arms.  I want to live in this moment and be thankful I have her love now knowing she will inevitably not like me much later.

-Daddy was making loud noises while we were getting the girls ready for bed (kind of sounding like he was fake-crying), and Gabi got the cutest and biggest pouty-lips like she was going to cry, too.  CUTE!!!!

-Frankie was SO excited when we told her we were going to get ice cream.  She kept on saying it over and over and when we got there, she wanted to eat both out of her cup (Chocolate) and mine (Pink Bubble Gum) with the little bitty tasting spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment