Mama's Loves

Mama's Loves

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My sweetie pies.....

As things happen, I know I will forget all these little details...so I just wanted to take a minute to write down some of the things from the past few days:

Laynie:
-I bought Laynie some plain Jergens lotion at the store a few days ago because my mom and I just didn't like the smell of the J & J one she was using, but she has become OBSESSED with it!  The other day I came in from who knows where and the whole house smelled like Jergens....even Gabi!  Today I took Laynie to her little weekly playdate with her friend Lexi from dance and as I was chatting with Lexi's mom, Laynie was incessantly buzzing in my ear whispering something I couldn't make out while I was talking.  I finally stopped talking long enough to ask her what she was saying and she says, "Tell Miss Jessica (Lexi's mom) that I have Jergens lotion and that I love it."  LMAO!!!

- This weekend Laynie concocted her own "Hip Hop Moves".  She moves her feet around all crazy-like and jerks her upper body.  Maybe she'll create a future dance craze???


Frankie:
-Frankie is talking so much now.  I have a little song I sing to them while I am bathing her and Laynie to the tune of Justin Timberlake's "Rock your body"....but I say...."Gonna wash your body....." and then I say the name of the girl who I am washing.  For Frankie, I say "Gonna wash your body....Frankie J."  Since singing this to her just a few days ago, she now refers to herself not as Fa-fee anymore, but as the much more grown-up "Frankie J."  I love it!! 

-She also has really started responding to discipline.  She might not listen the first couple of times someone tells her to do something, but once the voice has been raised, she backs off with the cutest "OK".....(i.e Frankie hits Laynie.  Nana or I tell her not to do it, but she keeps on doing it.  Next thing, I finally shout out to stop hitting her sister....then comes the "OK".)

-I turned Frankie's crib around to prevent her from jumping out of it as I know she definitely could, but now she and Laynie have taken to hanging off the side of the crib that was in the back.  It is higher and sort of curves outward, making for a perfect bar to hang off of....NOT!


Gabi:

- Gabi isn't really napping all that well during the day.  She gets super cranky and we know she's ready for a nap.  She even falls right to sleep without us in the room, and just lays in her crib until she puts  herself to sleep (now that she's a thumbsucker).  Problem is, sometimes she only naps for like 15-20 minutes!!!!  I tried even letting her cry it out a few times, until she cried for like 20 minutes with no stopping.  She is my baby after all, and only a teeny 5 month old, so I give in.  I feel so bad to see her with tears streaming down her cheeks!  Breaks my heart.  So, we get her up and deal with her crankiness until a sufficient 1 - 2 hours has passed and she's ready for another 20 minut-er.  It makes for a hard day for me and Nana!

- Sad to admit, but Gabi loves Yo Gabba Gabba.  Frankie has us watching two or three episodes (Flying Saucer, Camping and Jungle Adventure) over and over and over and over and over, so my poor baby has become accustomed to this as background music.  She laughs and laughs when the music comes on and at random places during the show.  We lie her on her side and she turns her little head right on over and WATCHES the whole thing.  I feel bad that my 5 month old is already a TV-aholic, but on above-mentioned days that she is a tired, cranky mess, a few Yo Gabba Gabba episodes can get us from one nap to another.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment