Mama's Loves

Mama's Loves

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Catching up

It's been awhile since my last post, and in this house, LOTS can happen in just a few short days!!

Laynie is now READING!  Woot-woot!  I was berating myself for slacking on working with her on reading when I decided to head to the library for some easy readers.  I picked out one that was really easy for her....."Sam ran up the bag....", etc, etc... and her confidence just took off once she saw that she had really read her very first book.  Poor baby, she started driving us all crazy reading her one book over and over and over, but we all happily obliged because she was just so proud.  Needless to say, mama and Laynie headed back to the library the next day to procure a few more books.  I am one proud mama, and hope that Frank and Gabster are just as interested in learning as Lane has always been.  We are still working on getting Laynie to listen, which has turned into a huge task.  I gave her the (seemingly simple) goal of not yelling at Nana or getting in trouble for not listening for three days in a row and I promised a trip to Circus Circus.....we are now 5 days into it and not one day has gone as planned.  I think I need to adjust her goal a little, but it seems like something a 5 year old could handle, que no??? 

Frankie.....oh, my Frankie.  This little girl is my firecracker fo' sho'!!  She is a typical 2 year old who is just wanting to assert her independence.  She has changed so much in the last couple of months.  It seems like she has grown up since Gabi joined us, which makes me a happy, but a little sad.  I hope the whole "middle child" syndrome doesn't happen to her.  She is a much treasured and adored member of our family.  In fact tonight I asked Laynie to give me and Frankie just a half hour to spend together.  It's a rare day when Frankie and I get time to ourselves, and though Laynie wasn't thrilled, she actually agreed.  Frankie and I had so much fun just jumping on the trampoline and looking up at all the airplanes.  I found out tonight that she is afraid of bugs, because she kept on thinking all these little flying around leaves and odd sticks stuck in the trampoline netting were bugs and she would just hold on to me so tight until I would show her that they weren't bugs at all.  Frankie now loves the pinching cheeks game made famous by me and my mom.  She actually laughs the harder I squeeze and then wants me to tell her "I'm sorry" right after.  Ain't no sorry coming from her when she pinches the holy heck out of mine though...LOL!!!  She is obsessed with all the airplanes that fly over our house and calls all the jets/airplanes that leave that trail of smoke behind them "rockets".  I have officially given up on potty training for at least a couple of weeks.  She doesn't even want to try and cries for her diaper when I want to put her on the potty :::sigh::: so what can I do?  I know it'll happen all on "Frankie time".

Gabi continues to grow and change much to my chagrin!  I want her to stay a baby forever since she is my last baby.  We've taken to calling her "little bitty" which Laynie says in the funniest voice, I hope I record it so I never forget how she says it.  Gabi is now sleeping at the very least from 8:00pm until 4:00am.....what a Godsend!  A few mornings she has even made it as late as 5:15 or 5:30.  It is so wonderful, as only other moms who have gone without sleep can know.  Gabi does the CUTEST thing when she is getting tired or trying to put herself back to sleep and she rubs the back of her left hand back and forth across her forehead.  Oh, how I love it!!  She has taken to sucking her thumb, and I don't care.  We use the binky still, but she usually spits it out in favor of the thumby.  Now we're talking Jessica's familiar old stomping ground!  Finger and thumb sucking girls are my specialty!!! I honestly don't know what I was thinking trying the binky......I love to tickle Gabi and make her do this half laugh, half holding her breath thing.  Her body is telling her that it tickles, but her brain can't make the connection that she should laugh when I do it.  She actually even makes her whole face red from holding her breath!  As with the other girls, her lovely skin is just like butter.  I don't think I could EVER kiss those big ol' cheeks of hers enough.  They are so soft and yet so firm because they are just oh so big.  And her legs??  Talk about cottage cheese from thigh to ankle!  OMG...I love Gabi through and through as anyone reading this could tell. 

Other random things:

-Gabi is really reaching out and grabbing ANYTHING we put in front of her.  She loves all her little toys!  She is yelling and blowing raspberries and being her usual happy self most of the day, and is officially napping in her crib in her room during the day.  At night, she is still in the pack and play in my room, and I can't resist bringing her to my bed after she wakes at 4 or 5 in the morning.

- Frankie has also officially become a card-carrying member of the "We love Gabi" club.  She just wants to always hold her little sis' hand and give her gentle kisses and strokes.  Kisses from Frankie are a rare commodity for the rest of us, but she plants them on Gabi freely!

-Laynie is the chattiest of the chatters.  Oh my baby, I adore you...but you can go on and on like nobody's business!  You have the greatest imagination though.  Today we listened to "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars on the way to Subway, and you couldn't stop smiling or keep asking me if I thought your eyes, hair, and smile are beautiful when I told you that this was my song to you.  You even asked Nana and Daddy when we got home if you would never need makeup and if you were the most beautiful girl in the world.  Of course, my love...you are!

I hope to post more frequently to avoid novels such as this one, but my love to my babies as always!!
Hugs and a million kisses from your mom who absolutely adores each one of you.....


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post to your girls! I'm so glad I've finally found your blog :) I agree with you - our days are nearly identical - which is why we have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete