Mama's Loves

Mama's Loves

Friday, July 1, 2011

Catching up......

Wow, has it really been a month and a half since my last blog entry?!?!?  WTH?????  Well, that totally coincides with me going back to school...so it makes total sense.  This time, I'm back for a second bachelor's degree in nursing instead of the paltry ADN I was once going for.  I only needed a few more classes so figured why not go for the big kahuna and get financial aid while I'm at it!  Woo!!!  My summer schedule is Pathophysiology, Organic/Biochemistry, and English Composition II, so now you know why I haven't been on here in forever!

What's new?!?!?  So much!  These girls are changing every single day and if I were better at this, I could surely make an entry everyday about something funny or memorable that one or all of them did.  Let me make one big catch-up.....

Laynie:  Since my last entry, Laynie has finished Pre-K.  She is so excited to go to Kindergarten next year, and I was super lucky to have her get our neighbor Pavlova as her teacher!  She had a bit of a rough time this year, bit I am so confident that all the trials and tribulations she went through are going to make her a strong and more empathetic person.  This year was all about Madi.  Madi, Madi, Madi....that was a name that will be burned in my mind forever!  Madi was an evil little girl who made Laynie's life hell this year.  She is a little meanie-pants, but I think that just by dealing with her everyday, Laynie learned a little bit about standing up for herself.  My little soft-spoken sweet girl was able to say "Stop, I don't like when you do that" and "Don't be mean to me!" like a champ by the end of the year.  While she would NEVER have it in her to be mean to anyone, I think it is so important that she learn to not let others run all over her.  She had a dance recital June 17th, and she is now an old pro at it!  This was her 4th recital!  She did amazing!  After school finished, she had a nice break and then we signed her up for summer camp ALL day at her old school.  It is a long day from 8-3, and mama freaked out the entire first day she was away, but she LOVES it!!!  She is having so much fun doing crafts and water play and movies and playing board games.  I felt so bad not having her here at home until I saw how much fun she had at summer camp.  This week has also been hard because VBS is going on from 5:30-7:45 each evening.  So, we haven't seen Laynie basically all week.  She is falling into a dead sleep the minute her head hits the pillow my little baby.  We miss her around here, but then she gets home and Frankie is crying within the first few minutes....Oh, sisters!  I can't forget to write that Laynie had her FIRST sleepover with her BFF, Carmella in June.  It went so well, we can't wait to do it again.  I also have to write about Laynie's "brownie-juice" stand she made one day while I was at school.  She has really amped up her creativity this summer.  She concocted the disgusting-looking brown bowl of yuckiness all by herself by mixing a brownie with water, then proceeded to set up a stand and charged me, dad and Nana a whole quarter for a drink of that.  Did she have any cups?? Nope, we all drank out of the bowl.  It was surprisingly tasty given the look of it, but really?  When no-one wanted seconds (shocking, I know) she proceeded to write "Closed" on her little sign and hung it up.  She wanted to make it again for a little playdate we had a few days later but I had to put the kabbash on that.







Frankie:  Frankie is fully potty trained!  Can I get a HALLELUJAH!!!!  Only one more in diapers to go!  She is actually doing so awesome she is wearing panties around the clock!  Laynie wore pull-ups until she was probably 3 and a half to get through the night, but Frankie has done it all by herself.  She has woken up crying early in the morning a few times, and when I go in to check on her, I find out that she's crying because she needs potty.  I take her out and to the potty and she falls right back to sleep.  She has amazed me at how "easy" it was to get her all trained.  She is deathly afraid of most other potties besides the one at our house, though.....I think the loud flushes are what frighten her, so I have to plug her ears before I flush and that usually works.  Frankie has also started going to a real gymnastics class.  She is a natural, for sure!  I saw the girls doing these bear walks on parallel bars the first class we went to and thought "Frank's never going to do that" and now she is doing that and more!  She has even swung by holding on to a big rope, is standing on her hands (with help, of course) and loves to jump in "the cheese".  Her vocabulary has just exploded in the last few months!  I jokingly told daddy that she is now a full fledged member of the family!  We can hold full conversations now!  The other day she told me "I don't want to go pee-pee in my panties anymore".  I couldn't believe she had strung 10 words together!!  A funny thing she did, is the other day she wanted Nana to ask her "What's wrong, Frank?" and when Nana did she said, "I going to bedroom by myself!" and crossed her arms all huffily.  Who is this little girl?!?!?  She is too funny, and even funnier because she is so teeny and such a firecracker.  She loves to throw things when she doesn't get her way, and poor Nana has gotten the short end of the stick on that one.  I think Nana even has a chip in her glasses from Frankie throwing something up in the air that hit her.  Frank loves to copy everything Laynie does (which drives Laynie nuts, of course) but it is so darn cute to see her trying to sing and dance just like her big sis.  A current favorite "game" of Frankie's is to pinch our cheeks as hard as she can (see daddy's face, below).





Gabster:  Gabi is still mama's chunky-monkey!!!  She is solid, boy, I tell you what!  Those cheeks and thighs are just my favorite things in the world.  We are still going strong with breastfeeding at over 7 months.  I thought for sure I would be done by now, but that little stinker hasn't really taken to formula!  I've tried a couple of times to mix it with breastmilk (mostly BM and a little formula) and she doesn't want to drink it!  The last couple of days have been rough as she is going through some weird phase where she doesn't want to take a nap!  Today she was literally up ALL DAY and went to bed at 7.  How could that even be possible?!?!  Well, mama did have a Venti Iced Mocha this morning from Starbucks which I'm sure had something to do with it, but geez...all day long??!?!  She is sort of starting to roll over, but really doesn't care much to do so.  At her last doc appointment her doc even said "Well, she's got a little more weight to deal with, so it may take her longer to actually roll."  Oh, my little sweetie pie!!!  She is sleeping all night like a champ, but her wake up time is now somewhere between 5 and 6:30am.  Mama is going to bed at 12:00 most nights after doing homework, so I consider myself lucky if I get more than 5 hours a night.  No wonder I'm such a grouch some days.  Matt calls Gab his "little chubby" and she gives him a smile that could light up all of Las Vegas.  She is so adorable I can hardly stand it!  Poor Gabi is already getting experimented on as a "real-life" doll to her sisters (see pic, below)!




Dad and I had a bit of a rough patch that I am happy to say we worked through.  Being married is hard work (I mean that!!) but we are both committed to doing whatever it takes to be happy.....together!!  Our family is the most important thing to both of us, and everything we do, we do for these girls of ours.  I love dad so much, and I guess you could say dad thinks I am the cat's meow.  Not an easy feat after 14 years together!!  He still refers to me as "his #1" and then each of you is "#2 (Laynie)", #3 (Frankie)" and "#4 (Gabi)".  All I can say is that dad is one lucky man to be surrounded by all these beauties (Nana, too - of course)!

I know there's more I could write, but I am so happy to at least gotten this far.  My goal is to write once a week, so let's see how that goes.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment