Mama's Loves

Mama's Loves

Friday, September 2, 2011

School days, school days.......

Laynie has officially started school.  I can hardly believe 5 years have gone by so fast and my little baby is now a big girl.  I feel a little guilty for sending her to all-day Kindergarten when I am a stay at home mom, but I am confident that I made the right choice in doing so.  Many teachers have reassured me that all-day kinder is the way to go (for those that can afford paying $325 a month for their PUBLIC education!) and she seems to love it so far, so my mind has been put to rest.  My heart?  That's another story.  I walked away that first day of school feeling great.  She seemed happy when I left her, (didn't she?) and I am happy to have a little more time for some one on one with Frankie and Gabi, but as I started to drive away, I was so overcome with emotion!  When I pulled back in the garage, I immediately began to miss her and the countdown began to 3:26 when I could hurry to pick her up.  It didn't make it any easier to walk around the house that day and see her million and one notes to me.  She is really getting good with her writing and constantly wants to practice, so we go through a ream of paper pretty often.  Anyway, if this little babe of mine doesn't write at least three times a day a note that says "Mom I love you" or a heart with "Mom" in it or some other profession of her love for me, I would be shocked!  I love my little BFF. So everywhere I looked were all these love notes from her to me, and the house seemed so quiet (Then Frankie started her daily ritual screaming and I was brought back to my LOUD reality)!  Today marks the end of her first full week, and we have made it.  I can hardly wait for this weekend to be able to see her all day long, until Sunday night when I'm sure I'll be ready for school again.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment